Welcome to the online Family Tree for descendants of Mary Wade. You can use the Search box in the top-right corner to find a specific family, individual, or location.
Don't miss the conversation at our Facebook group!
Now MWFHA members have their own DNA orientated website, operating through Family Tree DNA (FTDNA). The advantage of FTDNA is that they allow comparison against Y-DNA (males), mtDNA (maternal) or Autosomal (Family Finder).
Members can transfer their previous DNA results for easier comparison with other family descendants. This will also allow us to test the theories and stories of Mary’s relationship with the Harrigan and Brooker husbands.
We encourage all descendants to consider having at least one of their family members tested and added to this exciting project.
Written records may be one source of information, but DNA makes no mistakes.
Dennis O’Brien and Bob Stevens are joint Administrators of this project.
Dennis is a descendant of Mary Wade through the Ray family connections. He has been keenly involved in DNA projects for over 10 years and is already an Administrator of two other projects.
A little background
Let us start by saying that this is a new project and it could take 12 or more months to start seeing any real progress. But we must start somewhere. Importantly, if you have already tested, other than for transfers of test results, there is no cost for being a project member. FTDNA have a very tight set of operating rules for storing your DNA and keeping the analysis private.
- If you have already taken a DNA test, whether Y-DNA (males), mtDNA (maternal) or Autosomal (Au), that is a good start.
If you have taken the tests through FTDNA then you will already have a FTDNA membership number and your own web login in place. To join our project all you have to do is sign in, then click on the following link. You will see a join button.
NOTE: I would ask that you give the Administrators “Advanced” access, or at least “Limited” access. This allows us to fully research for links between family members. Furthermore, agree to make your results available to all members of the project.
- If you are not a member of FTDNA but have completed an Ancestry DNA, 23andMe or MyHeritage autosomal tests, then you can transfer those results to FTDNA for a small handling fee. This fee is currently USD19 for each transfer.
More information: https://www.familytreedna.com/autosomal-transfer
Please note that you can only transfer the following versions from 23andMe©, AncestryDNA™, and MyHeritage™: 23andMe© V3; 23andMe© V4; AncestryDNA™ V1; AncestryDNA™ V2; MyHeritage™
- If you have never tested before, then go to the FTDNA site and start the process. If you require advice as to which testing program would give the best results, then please contact Dennis as detailed below:
Administrator: Wade-Harrigan-Brooker Group Project
PO Box 311 Brighton-le-sands, NSW, 2216
In memory of their loved ones, a few descendants have kindly donated towards the running costs of MWFHA Inc. Click here to see the list
There is a one time Joining Fee of $20 for which you will receive a printed Descendant Certificate. The annual membership fee is $10. Therefore, in the first year of membership the total fees are $30. Paid members are able to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
The Mary Wade Family History Association has been incorporated. Click here to view the certificate of incorporation.
The Association is steered by the current Committee:
- David Mayne - President & PR
- Dennis O'Brien - Vice President & Public Officer (+ manages DNA project)
- Bob Stevens - Treasurer
- Sandra Downey - Secretary
- Toby Griffin - Committee member (+ Webmaster & produces Mary Wade descendant certificates)
- Karen McKay - Committee member (+ newsletter for financial members)
- Karen Peacock - Committee member
Official address - 1 Carnarvon Road, Roseville, NSW, 2069
All email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations Received in Memory of Descendants